Friday, November 30, 2012

IE come back! You're forgiven!



For years, Internet Explorer has become the browser everyone hates (even if they never really used it!). I've changed to Mozilla Firefox in my college years due to one small feature: tabs. I simply loved that thingy! But at the time, IE was at the dreaded version 6. IE7 came out and... it had tabs too, so I switched again. Why change whatever browser came with the PC, right? At the time, performance issues weren't my concern. But all my friends were using Firefox, and claiming that it was amazing and that IE... sucked. Then, at school, we had to use Firebug. Our teacher told us that we would need Firefox for that so I bid farewell to IE once more and never used it since. The Extras featured in Firefox were enough to make it "personal" and customizable and I liked that.

This hatred towards IE, for what I can remember, started because people wouldn't let go IE6, making the browser popular just because people didn't change to a newer version / other browser. Then, of course  comes the problem of compatibility, web standards, etc. IE started to be known as a headache to web developers everywhere. But for what I've seen in recent times, IE is not so different from other browsers around. And the new version is being acclaimed everywhere. The main problem is that haters gonna hate, no matter what Microsoft does... Or is it? In a (good) video, they try to shake away that image of the lower end browser around.


And there's a website too, The browser you Loved to Hate, with reviews, user opinions, and every info you need to see for yourself, to test for yourself if the browser is worth using. For what I see, it looks good. Waay to go, Microsoft! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment